A little map challenged, we started our day-trip tour of Antibes, France, on the outskirts of the historic town center.
We were just happy to find a parking garage after navigating our way from Cannes – not an entirely easy feat in itself - but pulled the trigger prematurely still blocks away from our destination.
We purchased a cup of joe and a helpful waiter’s orienting skills to pinpoint our location on a city map. It was a fortunate mistake because it gave us a better feel for new and old. Otherwise, we would have missed the courtyard in front of the Grand Hotel with water fountains percolating at varying heights from its pavement.
- Courtyard in front of the Grand Hotel
- Spaghetti pomodoro at Le Michelangelo
- Artist Jaume Plensa's "Nomad" statue is a jumble of letters and statements
- Yacht scene in Antibes’ harbor
- Picasso Museum in Antibes